Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11

This morning, I've been watching the playback of the minute-by-minute news broadcasts of MSNBC that played 11 years ago. It's been interesting to watch as they learned of all of the information coming in, the towers falling, and pieces of the even coming together.....

I was remembering where I was that morning. Just like how our grandparents can tell where they were for Pearl Harbor, the JFK assassination, and the day that man walked on the moon.... We will forever remember where we were the morning of 9/11/01. I was sitting in Jr. High chorus, unaware of the situation until a fellow student called his mom to ask a favor for our class. His mom quickly filled him in and told him to ask to turn the TV on. For the rest of the day, our school watched in horror, discussing its effects and wondering what the future would hold.

Here were are 11 years later. Wow...

On a side note...I looked up how many casualties the event resulted in... Wikipedia explains:

The attacks resulted in the death of 2,996 people, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that the 19 hijackers should be included in the amount of casualties... but that's just my opinion.



I hope 9/11 finds you safe and in rememberance of those 2,977 lives that were lost in such a horrible tragedy.
With a heavy heart...
Krista



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.