Friday, September 28, 2012

Bring in 'da Noise..Bring in 'da Funk

Oh my goodness.... I told ya about my new running shirt in one of my Lovin' Sunday posts.... well... I wore that shirt for that 8 mile run and boy did it stink when it was time to get washed.... and by stink, I mean STINK. It was beyond funky.... Like knock ya over stink..... (I know, gross, right? I'm sorry...I just want ya to understand just HOW nasty this shirt was.)

First of all, the shirts have a chemically/warehouse smell anyway, so then when you mix it with a nasty day-old sweat smell... yup, gross. I was devastated that my brand new shirt already had such a nasty stinch to it.... so to Google I went. After a wash and air dry, the smell came out completely...

so I'm here to share what I learned...


I rinsed the shirt out in cold water... then soaked it with this:


and this:

and this:

....
Then... I scrubbed the spots that I sweat the most with this:

Then I washed it as normal with detergent, vinegar and borax.....

And...

It's like new again....maybe even better smelling : )


I've also learned to rinse out running clothes immediately after the run to help with the smell...

Until Next Time..
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.