Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thoughts from a runner...

Training for a half-marathon allows lots of thinking time... Many people see it as a mental therapy session since long train days can offer two plus consecutive hours of nothing but thinking... (It's free therapy!) In one run, my brain will bounce through so many ideas and subjects... but I solve the world's problems, mostly! haha


These are some things that I've noticed as a runner....


-- Active people are much more friendly.
-- I am more aware of my surroundings when I'm running--- the landscaping, the trees, the architecture, the people.
-- I fear dogs just as much as I thought I did. Being chased by them makes me feel like a scared kid!
-- I appreciate well kept sidewalks, yards and trees more than I ever imagined.
-- I'm grateful for people who allow me to cross the street in front of them at stop signs and such.
-- My body is stronger than my mind ever thought it was.


Until Next Time..
Krista

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.