Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Pinteresting....

At the beginning of 2011, I taught a 12 week maternity leave in a first grade classroom. Here are some things from Pinterest that I used, and that worked!




This is a poem about starting a new year. I gave each child an eraser to remind them that it's OK to make mistakes. Laffy Taffy to remind them of the laughs we would have. Smarties to remind them of how smart they are and how much they will learn. The above poem uses a pencil, but I added a 2011 penny to remind them that it was a new year with new things to learn. They also got a sticker to remind them that we needed to stick together in our class.... Each student got a little bag filled with these things and a copy of the poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.