Monday, April 30, 2012

My struggles..

Within this new lifestyle that I am growing accustomed to, I'm still having some struggles and challenges....

My main weakness is a sweet, late-night snack just before bed. Heck, I even served milk and cookies at 11 o'clock during our wedding reception. It's me and what I do! I get it honest-- my dad is the same way! My snack is usually a cup of milk/chocolate milk and pop tart, slice of cinnamon toast, cookie, peanut butter sandwich, etc. It's a habit and my day doesn't feel complete without it. Knowing that I cannot keep doing this, I've started switching my snack to a better choice--- low calorie bread, low calorie treat, banana and peanut butter, etc... I'm hoping that I can make a smart choice switch and then eventually, I won't even want it at all...

Another struggle--- giving up my sweet tea for water. I've not had soda/pop/soda pop (whatever ya'll call it!) since January of 2006 (I think?-- Could have been 2005?). When I gave up pop, I drank mostly milk, juice, kool-aid, and water...Not long after is when McD's introduced their sweet tea... I was immediately hooked. I was raised on tea during the summers at home and became attached to McD's quickly. I  stopping every day before/after class to the $1 large...EVERY DAY.... Now it's my only vice and I'm having a hard time letting it go. I drink mostly Crystal Light, water, Powerade or milk at home, but I'm a sucker for a sweet tea at restaurants. Stressful days at work call for a stop through the drive-thru on my way home, and occassionally, it's a "two large sweet teas" kind of day.... I'm working on switching over to more water with meals.

Dinner choices--- My husband works long hours and never knows when he's getting off work until they come and tell him to leave. That only leaves me with 30 minutes notice before he gets home, and sometimes that is 9 or 10 o'clock at night. You can understand why I don't cook often, right? I usually cook us one good meal a week, and make enough to have leftovers. On nights that he is home late, I eat a bowl of cereal, a sandwich, a low calorie microwave dinner, a salad, etc. I have a hard time wanting to cook much of anything for just myself. I'm on the hunt for better choices for dinner for one.

If you have any suggestions--- Please share!  What are your struggles? How do you overcome them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.