Friday, April 20, 2012

Good Food...


This is what I'm trying to remember and follow. If I keep cookies and sweets around, I eat cookies and sweets. If I keep fruit around, I eat fruit.... This has been a big change for both Cameron and I. He is joining with me to eat healthy and broaden our horizons on food. We are not perfect by any means, but I'm trying to be more concious of what I buy and consume.

We're mixing in more whole grains, fruits/vegetables, foods with lower calories, water, salads, etc.

The biggest thing that I believe in for a healthier way of eating is that you cannot refuse your body from something. If I tell myself that I am 'not allowed' to eat chocolate, I crave chocolate. Instead, I find a smarter chocolate snack and keep only a small supply. Moderation is the key.

By the way---my favorite chocolate snack is:
I don't believe in "diets." I believe in healthier choices, moderation, and lifestyle changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.