Saturday, July 28, 2012

And she's off to The Sunflower State......

I got to host another little shin-dig, but this one wasn't for a happy occassion... Ok, maybe I'm selfish, but it wasn't happy for me....   I very very very very close to friend is moving away.... This is the friend that I've hung out with since 7th or 8th grade, roomed with in college for 3 years, had her as a bridesmaid in our wedding, went shopping with more times than I can count, and have spent so many "girl's nights" with. We had her bachelorette party two weeks away and then realized how soon she would be moving, so we had to have one more "girl's night" before she loads up her car and moves to The Sunflower State. We hated it but one of our friends left for vacation and couldn't join us : (





Map and Sunflower centerpiece


Her state information




I framed a ton of pictures of all of us girls around my living and dining room

Each girl got a picture from the bachelorette party and driving directions from here to there.
She got directions from there to here. :)

We had a ton of food...

Watched the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Olympics....


Gave her a framed photo....


And said our good-byes......

I've cried off and on for a week or two when the realization sets in that she is moving.... she is moving away.... She told us that we weren't allowed to get sappy and cry.... so I managed to stay composed until I watched everyone drive off.... She will be home some to visit off and on, but the 8+ hour drive from there to here will make it pretty difficult for very many visits. We all wrote her notes in a card, but she wouldn't read it at my house. She was determined not to cry and make it a sad night....  One of the girls said during our goodbyes that it's not a good-bye... It's an "until next time."


That's what I keep telling myself.... she's not moving to another country or leaving us forever....
Until next time....
Krista


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.