Sunday, June 17, 2012

Baby Emma

My cousin Brooke had a beautiful baby girl on May 18. (I know, I'm a little behind!)  Emma was born just into the hours of her grandpa's birthday and is absolutely adorable--- and TINY! She weighed 5lbs 13 oz! She is the tiniest baby that I have ever held, but both of her parents are teeny tiny so we weren't surprised!


For anyone that doesn't know my family, we are extremely close. Several of my aunts spent every Sunday evening at my grandma's house, so all of us kids spent hours every week playing together. I also have a cousin that is just 15 months older than me, so we spent a ton of time together--- sleepovers, dance class, shopping.... we did everything together! (The baby's mommy is this cousin's little sister.) To say some of grew up more like siblings than cousins would be an understatement. We played like sisters.... and fought like sisters... To others, saying that your cousin had a baby doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but for us.... it means a lot! We joke that the babies are more like nieces and nephews than 2nd cousins.... It's just crazy to think that OUR kids will be 3rd cousins! Our family is so much closer than that! We've tried to come up with names for these babies.... surrogate nieces and nephews??

Proud Grandma


Getting baby fever....

Great- Grandma

long toes...


Cam said he felt like the Hulk with his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.