Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Emotional Day

So today was quite an emotional roller coaster...... This morning we had the funeral for my grandma's brother who passed away on Sunday. The weather was beautiful and for being such a "country boy" without any children, he had a great turn out at the funeral and graveside services. After the funeral, several of my aunts and uncles went to eat to celebrate my grandma's 84th birthday (which sadly, was today---the day of her brother's funeral). We had a nice, relaxing lunch at the lake and spent time talking about old times.... It was almost what we all needed this week....

Now for the most exciting news of all----
When I got home and checked my messages online, I had a message from a friend saying that our Praxis results were in early...... my heart began POUNDING... my palms got sweaty... my whole body began to tingle and get weak..... my hands felt like they couldn't type and move anymore...... I went to the company's website and signed in....opened my test results.... and scrolled down to find-----"PASSED" typed into the results section of both categories...... What a RELIEF!!! I hadn't told but just a few people because I didn't want to have to tell people that I had failed, but now that I know I passed---- I just wanna scream it from the rooftops! I have to do a few more things in the next few months, but I will soon be a licensed teacher. I still have to take the test for my reading minor, but I haven't scheduled it yet---but soon will....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.