Thursday, January 20, 2011

Remove yourself from Spokeo.com

There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, approx credit score, pics of your home, income, age, etc. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the page for yourself, copy the URL and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the Privacy link to remove yourself. You then paste the URL, enter an email and privacy code. Then check your email from Spokeo and click the link to remove yourself. 
 
 
I saw the above as a facebook status, checked it and found myself! It had my phone number, picture of where my parents live, all my immediate family and their information, as well as more that could be viewed if a $3 was paid! Needless to say I was a little freaked out and removed myself immediately! I want to pass along the information in case you wish to also!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.