Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful heart.

In the month of November, so many Facebookers take to their statuses to document what they are thankful for. (Truth: I started, then slacked off and haven't kept up with it on paper/in type....but I have in my head and heart.)

As I've seen so many "thankful for" statuses and it's such a friendly reminder of what we have in this life.... It (really!!) bothers me to see some that post disrespectful events or items to be thankful for as well as those that post something along the lines of "I don't need to do the 'Thankful For' statuses because I'm thankful for everything-- my friends, my family, my career, blah blah blah." Well duh. We know that.....but how often do we take those things for granted and FORGET about those things??? Most of the time! Yes, of course we know that you are thankful that you have them.... and Yes, my newsfeed is occasionally overwhelming with all of them, but honestly... It's the month of thanksfulness. Thanksgiving. Giving Thanks.  It's a reminder to myself of what I so often take for granted, and how easily some things could be stripped away.

Robert Louis Stevenson once said---
Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.

Oh, how true is that! We go through MOST of the year complaining about work, chores, errands, bills, events we must attend, stuff we have to buy, home repairs, obligations, yada yada yada.... so WHY NOT spend ONE MONTH taking a moment each day to really think about what you are thankful for that day?!?!


I encourage you to spend some time this month thinking of what you are really thankful for, outside of just family, friends, health and happiness.


I'll leave you with this:
Be thankful for the bad things in life. For they open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before.

Until Next Time.
Krista

1 comment:

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.