Monday, December 20, 2010

Back to Blogging...

To say the last month or so has been an emotional roller coaster for my family would be an understatement.... I won't go into detail, but I will say that this holiday season has made me grateful for medical staff who do their jobs because they enjoy it, allowing a very special person to be able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with us, which didn't seem possible just six weeks ago.

I had decided to push my blogging to the side temporarily because I've tried to keep my blog fun, insightful, inspirational---basically, I want it to be positive..... and a personal blog during the last month or so wouldn't have been... Anyway, things are now going great and we are all excited for Christmas....



In the last 2 months, Karter turned two and we threw a big "CARS" party for him! We borrowed lots of the decorations, but what we couldn't borrow, we made or bought for next to nothing...














We spent a very chilly day at the corn maze/ranch....





Karter was an adorable cow for Halloween..... complete with ear tag ;)


Evidently I didn't take any pictures during the month of November on my own camera....hmmm 



I bought and set up my very first Christmas tree.... My tree is very simple, but I really like it.... I bought tons of decorations because I wasn't sure what I wanted.... and I ended up going very simple, but elegant.... and I think I'm really happy with it....   I tried getting decent pictures, but it's very difficult!





Cam and I got dressed up for his company Christmas party.... 
It was great to finally meet the guys I hear about every day...  The food was delicious, 
people were friendly, and they gave away some really great things!



I accepted a job at the school where I student taught, subbed, and taught two maternity leaves.... I am now a Title I Kindergarten assistant.... I teach small groups, do remediation with individual students, and of course have recess duties.... The job is only 28 hours a week, but it's better money than subbing (which wasn't a reliable income). I really love what I'm doing and hope this leads into bigger and better things because, sadly, this job does only last through this school year, and then I'm back to square one :(

Cameron is loving his new job, and finally seeing appreciation for his sales qualities, and is getting a little back in return. The company is great about sales incentives and contests.... He loves it!

We still haven't had any luck on a house... We've got a few leads on some, but they may not be going on the market for a few more months (or a year or so---one couple wants to build, so it may take a while)..... We're getting antsy to get out of this apartment and finally have SPACE... We haven't even brought down our wedding gifts yet.... we don't see the point when we hope to be moving very soon.... We have some amazing new things, but they're all in storage until we have the room for them.... In the mean time, we're still living like college kids with cheap stuff and hand-me-downs.... O well I guess....


Now, we're just a few days away from Christmas....all of my shopping is *almost done... We're excited to have my brother home from Colorado for a few days, for Grandma to be moving back home, and to see what Karter thinks of all the excitement this year!



I have found that as I grow older, I try to stress less about the gifts, the wrapping, and so on.... and focus more on what's important.... I encourage you to do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.