Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Friends...

I've spent some time this week thinking about friends and the meaning of one.... I came across this in a passage I was reading and couldn't shake it from my mind.... I thought I would share..

Then there are old friends. Friends that you have had so long you don’t remember meeting them. Friends that are more like family, they’ve always been there. Sure you may not see them every day. You may not see them more than a few times a year. But when you do see them, you just pick up where you left off, as if there had been little or no time-lapse.
Oh, you might spend a few minutes catching up. How’s the family? How’s work? That kind of stuff. But in just a few moments you are laughing about some dumb stunt one or the other of you pulled. Maybe some joke you pulled on a mutual friend. But it’s mostly about the good times and the fun you’ve had together. And on some level, even though neither of you mention it, you know that, no matter what, no matter how much time has passed since you last met, the bond of friendship still holds tight. As they say these days, you know you have each other’s back.


I hope this makes you think of someone.... shoot them an email, text... or phone call...... I did

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.