Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dad's Birthday

Back in June, we had a 60th birthday party for my dad. We started planning in March and wanted it to be a surprise. We were sneaky about getting invitations passed out and everyone notified, had a game plan to get him there, etc.....    My brother lives out west and my sister on a 6-week travel adventure for work and they had both arranged to be here without my dad knowing.....and two days before the party, a ding-dong that he works with actually came up and told him, "Hey...I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it to your surprise birthday party on Saturday." Yes, he actually used the word SURPRISE! Well, this may not have been a surprise, but at least the fact that my brother and sister came in for his birthday was. They surprised him the night before. 

The party was a lot of fun! We had a 1950s theme with diner food, records, trivia, correct era candy, and 1950s music playing throughout the whole party.

 Here are some of the pictures:




















We found out during the party that my dad had never even had a
birthday party as a kid, so this was his FIRST birthday party ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a tip, suggestion, or critique? Leave me a comment.